I’m a fraud and everyone is about to find out. I feel that every time I am about to share something. I feel that right now writing this: I don’t even have impostor syndrome. That’s how bad my impostor syndrome is. I even think I’m faking that. If it’s part of my life, it’s fake. What is impostor syndrome? It’s feeling like an impostor when you’re not. Like you’re a fraud and the whole world is going to find you out. This makes total sense for undercover agents and people selling snake oil. It doesn’t make so much sense for people who are trying to make the world a little better or to sell something they believe in.
Well, I am not a famous person or person who has achieved anything in life but after struggling for almost 3 decades I feel that I am not good enough.I don’t have a vibrant social life out of choice but if you ask me what have you done so far,I would not have an answer.I am a person who likes to read books and enjoys expressing my thoughts in any way possible.I love to know how other people think about various things and how their opinion is different from mine.And as someone has said it once that our world is as our perception, we better work at forming them.
So if you think you can relate to it, here is what has helped me deal with it.
- Stop comparing your achievement with others.
- Revisit your accomplishments.
- Keep learning, nobody is perfect.
- Internalize self worth.Today there is a whole slew of artist-entrepreneurs. We call part of what we do “content creation”. There has never been a time in history where so many people have a “voice”. No wonder we’re all suffering from impostor syndrome.
- Take ownership of your wins as much as you take ownership of your drawbacks/falls.
- Be good ,do good despite the outcomes.
- No body is as amazing as we think them to be.
- Part of the twisted arrogance that causes impostor syndrome is the (usually unconscious) belief that you have extreme idiosyncrasies that the world couldn’t handle(whatever that means )
- Seek help
- Being wrong doesn’t make you a fake. To err is human ,to forgive divine.
- Forget Perfectionism.
- Nobody has figured it out completely.
This is it then 🙂 Do let me know if you have anything more to say.
Happy to hear from you!